Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Massage And That Question

,
HUMAN ANATOMY NECK :

Massage is as popular in London as it is in New York. Then again, there is osteopathy, chiropractic, physiotherapy, remedial exercise, and so much more. So why is massage the number one choice for a backache?

Massage And That Question

I myself asked that question. When I started working as a massage therapist myself, I worked in the clinic belonging to London's top osteopath. I was deeply in awe of this great man. He has power, knowledge, and a delicate touch, all in one package. There was nothing about any human muscle or joint that he did not know. I learnt many secrets from him, including that most anatomy books erroneously missed listing certain neck muscles (I was thrilled to be given this secret wisdom). As you can see, I thought very highly of him; I simply could never compare. I referred many of my clients to him and still do. But after a while working at his clinic, a strange thing happened. Strange to me, that is. His clients started coming to me! This could not be, I thought! Surely, my then basic massage was not good enough for them. But they did come to see me. At the same time, I was building my own clientele and soon got busy with one massage after another. I was perplexed. More clients chose massage instead of osteopathy, and as a previous backache sufferer, that was just incomprehensible to me!

There were some massage clients whom I kept suggesting to see my colleague and landlord for osteopathy, as their backs needed it. But they would not go. So I started asking why, and got some answers. I also found what was not said as interesting as what was said. Basically, the biggest reason that people came for a massage was the human touch.

There were a rare few massage clients who preferred the gentler manipulations of massage to the swift clicking of joints offered by osteopathy. However, I have only met a handful in my entire massage career. Most people simply enjoy a massage.

The human touch is very much kinesthetic. It is also emotional. As much as the physical sensation of a caress is soothing, it is also important to feel comfortable. It is nice to be so close to someone who is trustworthy and non-judgmental. Some massage lovers enjoy taking their clothes off without being judged or having to make an impression. I have massaged women that would be horrified at the thought of wearing a bikini and men that are embarrassed about a beer gut. There is something wonderful about being accepted unconditionally by another, just as you are. Unconditional love is something that I believe we all have at the start of life, and most people unlearn it through life experience. How wonderful to be nearly naked and totally accepted, unconditionally!

People enjoy the sense of touch, being touched on their skin by caring hands. They enjoy the caress and caring, where for an hour or so, they are the centre of attention. Some say that touch is the first sense. And touch can be so nice. A touch can be loving, it can be caring, and it can be reassuring. After all, who touches us the most? We are touched by our mothers caring for us as babies, a loved one, or someone who cares for us. Why, even in the womb, we are surrounded, enveloped by human warmth, held in a nine-month caress. When we meet much-loved friends and family, we hug. When we meet a lover, we embrace. In some cultures, every meeting starts with kisses on the cheek, whereas in others, it could be a nose-rub, touching hands as in a handshake or a high-five, or even a full-blown hug. And in most cultures, when we meet a stranger, we touch; we shake hands!

It seems that everyone just loves to be touched and caressed. And if it helps their back at the same time, that is a great bonus.


“ Here's Your Chance To Skip The Struggle and Master Human Anatomy & Physiology In 3 Days Or Less... 100% Guaranteed ”


0 comments to “Massage And That Question”

Post a Comment

 

HUMAN ANATOMY NECK Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger